Ofsted Rates Harris Primary Academy Haling Park 'Outstanding'
Harris Primary Academy Haling Park in Croydon has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted across every category.
The school, which opened with a Reception class in 2014 and has since been growing one year group at a time, was praised for being a nurturing and successful learning environment.
- “Leaders and governors work in highly successful partnership with the Harris Federation to develop this growing school successfully. The school has got off to a confident and assured start because leaders are experienced and know what excellence looks like.”
- “In this safe and nurturing environment, pupils make excellent progress in their learning. Outcomes are outstanding.”
- “The school’s individual approach to meeting the needs of every pupil ensures that no one is overlooked.”
- “Pupils are confident, polite and helpful. Inspectors observed pupils in lessons, in the playground, eating lunch and attending assembly, and noticed how considerately these young children behave towards one another.”
- “Pupils are exceptionally caring towards others and ready to take responsibility.”
Tracey Jarrett, Principal of Harris Primary Academy Haling Park, said:
“We are thrilled to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ in our first ever Ofsted. It takes a real team effort to build an excellent school and I’d like to thank our governors, staff, pupils, parents and the Harris Federation who have all helped to bring about this success.”
“The inspectors noted that pupils at Harris Primary Academy Haling Park are kind, hardworking and always ready to learn. They can be very proud that their excellent behaviour and positive attitude to learning have been recognised by Ofsted.”
“The members of our school community rise to every challenge and I know they will continue to do so as we grow year on year.”