Our Secondary Academies combine the traditional values of good manners,
strong discipline and smart uniform with the best of modern teaching and technology. We follow a broad and balanced curriculum with a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Here are some of the key features you can expect from a secondary education at Harris:
- Well trained, highly resourced teachers who are ambitious for every student and who closely monitor their progress
- A calm and orderly atmosphere
- Extra tuition, either in small groups or on a one-to-one basis for students who need it
- Individual singing and musical instrument lessons
- University coaching from age 14 so that students make good decisions early on about their education
- Dozens of extra-curricular activities, plus trips to the opera, theatre and ballet, as well as to art galleries across London
- Pastoral care of the highest order, plus a culture of involving parents fully with their children’s education and school life in general. There are reports home every six weeks
- Students and staff that become established as trusted and reliable faces in the local community
- Governors that make a meaningful contribution to progress and development.
We have recently launched ‘The Harris Experience’ across our Secondary Academies, in order to stretch students and introduce them to topics not covered by the national curriculum. The programme opened with a lecture at Christie’s on Holbein’s The Ambassadors and other topics will include space exploration, logic and historical research.